Monday, March 19, 2012

Lucy & Peej's Mom

I ran my Shamrock Half Marathon this weekend! The race was right here in Virginia Beach. We started at the oceanfront and headed North through the navy base, Fort Story. Looped through there and headed back South to finish at the oceanfront. I forgot that my iPhone GPS runtracker would most likely get scrambled (and stop working) once I got on base - so I was a little lost as far as my pace and stuff. But I still managed to hover around a 10 min mile. Not bad... For a first try. ;) I might wait til Peej cooperates on sleep before attempting something so draining though. Recent sleepless nights and early run wake-ups have me pretty depleted!!

Here are a few photos of me & my running group! (A few of the ladies I train with are kind of amazing mother-runners including one who finished in the top 90 OVERALL with 7:30/mile.) Impressive group!

"The miracle is not that I finished but that I had the courage to start."

No comments:

Post a Comment